Vernalis response to COVID-19
Throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Vernalis has monitored the guidance issued by the UK government and implemented measures to allow our laboratories to remain operational while preserving the health and safety of employees. These are as follows:
- Carried out an appropriate COVID-19 risk assessment;
- Instructed employees to follow UK Government guidance on self-isolation if they or a member of their household develops symptoms or if they come into close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus;
- Reduced numbers on site from normal levels by advising employees to work from home wherever possible. Attendance on site restricted to activities that cannot be done remotely (e.g. laboratory work);
- Implemented 2 metre distancing requirement with face coverings worn when moving around the building and if there is a need to work with less than 2 metre separation;
- Introduced shift patterns/rotas to allow for maximum social distancing between employees whilst on site;
- Reorganised places of work, equipment, entry/exit routes to maximise distancing and separation between employees;
- Reduced occupancy in meeting rooms and shared facilities;
- Implemented additional hygiene measures, including regular hand washing, extra daily cleaning routines and providing sanitiser and cleaning materials for employees to use in shared areas;
- Displayed signage and visual markings throughout the building to remind employees of requirements;
- Minimised visitors to site to with separate guidance provided;
- Stopped all non-essential travel.
All measures taken in response to the pandemic will be reviewed and updated in line with government guidance.