Full time, Permanent
We’re looking for an experienced and highly skilled Scientist to join our Assay Technology team, to develop, optimise and implement biochemical and binding assays using a variety of techniques that support and progress our research programmes by providing concise, accurate and timely data.
Working closely with other scientists and project leaders, you’ll apply your knowledge and expertise to optimise experiments. You’ll be an active participant and contributor in your project, team and group meetings, providing reports and presenting your data to other scientists as well as to our external partners and collaborators.
This is a full time, permanent, laboratory-based position. You must hold at least a BSc. in a relevant biological science and have significant independent experience (preferably in industry) in a similar role developing and optimising medium throughput biochemical assays.
You’ll also need:
- Assay development experience in fluorescence based or kinase assays
- A working knowledge of enzymology
- Understanding of binding kinetics and its importance in drug discovery
- Quick to grasp concepts, ideas as well as problems and put forward solutions
- Methodical and precise aptitude within the lab with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a confident presenter.
- Well organised with the ability to proactively plan work whilst remaining flexible and responsive to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong IT and data analysis skills
- A team player, who shares and exchanges information and ideas openly.
- Maintain an active awareness of new and developing technologies
We offer talented and motivated individuals excellent opportunities to develop their career within a creative, supportive and multidisciplinary team environment. Plus, a benefits package that includes a competitive salary (in line with qualifications and experience), bonus, pension, private medical cover and life assurance.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply, send your CV with covering e-mail to email@example.com