We’re looking for an experienced and highly skilled Senior Scientist to join our Assay Technology team at our Cambridge research site. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team, your role will be to support our structure and fragment-based drug discovery projects with biochemical assay development, medium throughput screening and mechanistic studies for small molecules, using a range of assay technologies and formats.
We seek an experienced scientist with a deep understanding of the theory and practice of enzymology, protein structure, biochemistry and biophysics. The individual must also be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with project leaders and team members.
This is a full time, permanent, senior laboratory-based position. Preferably you’ll hold a PhD in a relevant biological science and possess significant postgraduate experience within an industrial environment (at least 5 years) in a similar role developing and optimising medium throughput biochemical and biophysical assays, as well as routine screening.
In addition, you will have:
- Independent assay development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Fluorescence based biochemical assays
- DEL Library screening
- Biophysical assays
- Kinetic/Mechanistic Studies
- A methodical and precise aptitude within the lab with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a confident presenter.
- Works both independently and in collaboration within others
- Well organised and proactively plan work whilst remaining flexible and responsive to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong IT and data analysis skills (e.g. Excel, Abase, Dotmatics)
- Team player who shares and exchanges information and ideas openly.
- An active awareness of new and developing technologies
We offer talented and motivated individuals’ excellent opportunities to develop their career within a creative, supportive and multidisciplinary team environment. Plus, a benefits package that includes a competitive salary (in line with qualifications and experience), bonus, pension, private medical cover and life assurance.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.
To apply, send your CV and covering email to HR@vernalis.com